Birth Doula Services
Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your baby! We are excited to be a part of your journey into parenthood. We encourage you to give us a call to schedule a no-obligation interview with one or more of our birth doulas that will be available for your due date in order to find the best possible fit for your birth team. After you have chosen a doula, your birth package will include:
- One or two in-home, pre-labor visits: the first to discuss your birth plan, the second to discuss pain management and practice comfort methods or both in one combined session.
- One prenatal visit with you and your care provider, if desired.
- Unlimited phone and email support.
- Continuous physical and emotional support for the duration of your labor through two hours after the birth of your child.
- Initial breastfeeding assistance.
- One in-home, postpartum visit.
Postpartum Doula Services
Let our postpartum doulas be there for you whenever you need us. We offer both daytime and overnight care. We begin our process by providing a free interview and answering any questions you may have. We then come do a home visit and care plan tailored to fit you and your baby’s needs. After the birth of your baby and when your postnatal care starts, our duties include:
- non-judgemental support for the family
- baby-soothing skills
- assistance with newborn care
- care for baby to allow rest or free time for mom
- meal preparation
- light housekeeping
- breastfeeding support
- pump or bottle preparation
- creating a nurturing environment
- baby-wearing assistance
- sleeping solutions for mom and baby
- offering resources and referrals
- organization of home and/or nursery
We offer a minimum of ten hours of support (one hour home visit + nine hours of care) and are able to assist further in increments of 3-hour blocks.
We believe the beginnings of a great birth is a great a childbirth education course to help you to prepare for the process and learn how to make the best decisions for your family and your birth. At this time, we offer two options to suit your preferences and schedules:
Essentials of Childbirth
- Six-week course
- Covers the basics of pregnancy, labor and the postpartum period
- Class topics include: stages of labor, common interventions, comfort measures, newborn care, and breastfeeding
The Bradley Method
- “Husband-Coached Natural Childbirth”
- Covers everything from nutrition during pregnancy to breastfeeding
- Prepares a mother to relax and use natural breathing during labor for pain management
- Strong emphasis on preparing the “Coach”